>1. When Gpa Danny pours a bowl of cereal only to find out that there is no milk to put in it – he doesnt hesitate to just use hazelnut coffee creamer and a little water to get the job done.
2. Children should not be left unattended around Christmas tree bulbs. Total losses due to Dylan’s selective hearing: 3.
3. Men shouldnt be allowed to de-trim the Christmas tree. Total loss of bulbs, ornaments and figurine snowmen: at least 6 ornaments and one snowman painted by the late, great Billy Erickson. The Bose was also almost a casualty, but was saved by a storage bin lid.
4. The pizza at Happy Joe’s was excellent last night. Crust was just right.
5. The meat and cheese platter for tonight is slowly becoming a “cheese only” affair.
6. We will be celebrating the New Year at 8pm sharp.
7. Kelli’s shirt smells like strawberry flavored fish – she would like to thank Addi for that.
8. Eastend and Westend probably won’t be coming out today. They must get their rest.
9. Its Family Day/Pajama Day/Honduran Soccer Team day.
10. Boogers are an acceptable fashion accessory for your hair on New Years Eve.
11. Scrabble, Out. Banana-grams, In.
12. Hillman MN apparently got 17 inches of snow in the last 48 hours according to someone named “Boone-nation.” I’ll believe when I see it.
13. The tv said it was 26 degrees below zero this morning here. No “snow-mobeein'” today, Dylan.
14. On this New Years Eve, I am pondering – “will I have the only 2009 baby in this family?”
15. You don’t have to answer the phone if you are doing any of the following: nothing, eating, playing games, watching tv, playing or sleeping.
We’ll end it at 15. We could keep going, but I have a feeling the “things of interest” would start to become increasingly less interesting as we went further and further.